Tuesday, July 12, 2005

question on the geo method



I stopped using the blue stuff in late 2002 when I first tried detergent, water softener, and chlorine bleach. The solids don't stick to the tank and just drain out. However, you still need plenty of water to flush all that loose stuff down that relatively small hole. I use the Flush King to accomplish that. Also, from what I could tell when I used to use the blue stuff it was more for odor control and a germicidal, than effective at breaking anything down.


Don't fret over this stuff. I only do it occasionally (NOT with each tank full) when I think it's time. I don't have an odor problem. That includes spending several weeks in Augusta, GA, with temps normally over 90 degrees, and occasionally over 100 last summer.


Good luck.


Glenn Harm wrote:
Hi Charles,
I've been using the Geo method for all 3 weeks that I've been an RV owner! [grin] So far so good!

...anyhow, one question that I'm not 100% sure on. Certainly the Geo method keeps the tanks as clean as possible, but do you still use the stuff that is designed to break down the waste, or do you find that unnecessary.
Thanks!

Glenn