Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Water Softener

The water softener salts are NOT powdered water softener. Those products are used to recharge mechanical water softening systems. It is NOT the same thing. Calgon water softener powder is what I prefer for convenience. Any liquid or powdered water softener should work. Again, print the Calgon water softener page from the link in The Geo Method article, take it to your grocery store's general manager, and ask him to order it for you. Some will order it; others won't. Many Wal-Marts stock the liquid Calgon. You may consider asking them to order it for you.

On a side note, we normally buy Calgon water softener powder at our local Albertson's. When I first started buying it in 2002 the store never had more than four boxes. Over time I noticed that they gradually seemed to be stocking more. Yesterday I noticed that they had devoted a second row of shelf space to it which would allow them to stock 18-24 boxes. Is this apparent increase in demand related to my RVing neighbors switching to The Geo Method? Who knows, but it's interesting. cb


Dear Mr. Bruni:
I would love to try your Geo Method in my RV but am having trouble locating the Calgon Water Softener. Have found large bags of other brands of water softeners labeled as softener salts, don't want to use salts with detergent and chlorine unless you tell me it would work. Am located south of Raleigh, NC, a relatively small town but with 8 supermarkets, Home Depot and Wal-Mart. Nobody knows what I am trying to find.
Thank you for your assistance.
Margarete Peterson
Fuquay Varina, NC